Skip to content
- February 2021: Launched a statewide petition to make vaccines available for teachers as essential workers.
- February 2021: Launched a “Stop the Spread of Covid-19” pledge that combined education and advocacy, garnering signatures nationwide.
- February 2021–ongoing:
Coordinated the donation and distribution of more than 120,000 masks for teachers and students in every Winston Salem/Forsyth County School.
- April 2021–ongoing: Advocated for HVAC updates and improved air quality in our schools and expedient use of ESSSER funds allocated for that purpose.
- April 2021–ongoing: Advocated for outdoor dining spaces at schools and expedient use of ESSER funds allocated for that purpose.
- April 2021: Participated in Nourishing Our Educators event to introduce the Reimagining Healthy Schools initiative.
- May 2021: Provided Teacher Appreciation Support at 19 Title 1 schools in the district whose PTAs needed additional support to celebrate their staff during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- May 2021: Coordinated WS/FCS Night at the Dash in partnership with Truist Stadium and Winston-Salem Dash
- July 2021: Successfully advocated for universal masking in all WS/FC Schools for the first quarter of the 2021-22 school year.